Monday, September 26, 2011
Cinna-Yummy Rice Cereal in Six Easy Steps
Are you looking for a new idea for breakfast? Rice and dairy are a winning nutritional combination to get your day started in the right direction. I found this recipe several years ago in the Kids in the Kitchen booklet produced by the USA Rice Federation. You can find more information about rice and rice recipes at http://www.usarice.com/.
Cinna-Yummy Rice Cereal
1 cup cooked rice
2/3 cup milk
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Fresh blueberries,raspberries or strawberries*
1. Combine rice,milk,brown sugar and cinnamon in small saucepan.
2. Turn burner to medium heat.
3. Place saucepan on burner,cook and stir until thick and creamy, about 10 minutes.
4. Turn burner off.
5. Spoon rice cereal into small bowl; cool 3 minutes.
6. Top with fresh berries.
Makes 1 serving.
*Or use sliced peaches or bananas,if desired.
1. Combine rice,milk,brown sugar and cinnamon in small microwave-safe bowl.
2. Cook on high power for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
3. Stir well.
4. Cook on high power for 45 seconds.
5. Remove bowl from microwave.
6. Stir well,let cool 3 minutes.
7. Top with fresh berries.