- It takes 10 pounds of milk to make 1 pound of cheese.
- The dairy food group is the top source of dietary calcium in the American diet.
- Cheese is the No.2 source of dietary calcium for Americans.
- Cheese is more than just calcium; it also provides high-quality protein needed to help stay healthy.
- Cheese accounts for only 9 percent of the total fat and 16 percent of the saturated fat in the U.S. diet.
- Natural cheeses such as Cheddar,Colby,Monterey Jack,mozzarella, and Swiss contain minimal amounts of lactose.
Thursday, February 2, 2012
Cheese Lovers Fast Facts
If you're looking for a delicious,nutritious snack for your Superbowl party, cheese is the perfect choice. There are over 300 different cheeses in the United States and 2000 in the world that can be classified into eight categories. Midwest Dairy provides these cheese facts: