The 2010 Dietary guidelines for Americans recommends three daily servings of low-fat and fat-free milk and milk products for those ages nine and older. It's a fact that on average, Americans are consuming only two dairy servings a day. Making wise nutritional choices is important to lifelong health. Here are a few reasons to consider casting your vote for Dairy:
- Milk contains essential nutrients, including calcium, potassium,protein and phosphorus and it's fortified in vitamins A and D.
- Milk's powerful nutrient package of calcium, plus eight other essential nutrients, helps nourish your body, not just your bones.
- The protein naturally found in milk helps to build strong muscles for your active lifestyle.
- The dairy case has something for everyone--low-fat,fat-free and lactose free products to meet taste and nutritional goals.
- At about 25 cents a glass, milk is a nutritional bargain providing incomparable nutrition, value, and taste.
Dairy farm families are working everyday to provide safe,high-quality milk by
taking good care of our cows and the land.
VOTE DAIRY---It's a Healthy Choice!