Dairy is a drive easy choice because it plays a critical role in the daily diet to provide nine essential nutrients. One of my favorite drive easy dairy choices is chocolate milk. According to information provided by Midwest Dairy (http://www.midwestdairy.com), chocolate milk is a great choice after exercise because:
- it is 90% water and replaces fluids to prevent dehydration
- the carbohydrate in milk fuels muscles during exercise and refuels muscles after exercise
- the protein in milk contains all the essential amino acids to maintain healthy muscles
- milk provides potassium needed for normal muscle contractions and balance body fluids
- the calcium and vitamin D found in milk promotes strong bones
- milk contains B vitamins that help convert food to energy to fuel working muscles
Drive Easy with Dairy!