During stressful times when it feels like we might be "going crazy", it's important to recognize these common signs of distress as normal responses to unusual situations:
- irritability and anger
- feelings of anxiety and worry
- headaches or gastrointestinal complaints
- increasing risk-taking behavior
- changes in eating and sleep habits
- increased alcohol or drug use
- sense of helplessness
- lack of concentration
- avoidance or denial
- Acknowledging feelings and talking them out.
- Paying attention to health, nutritious diet and adequate sleep is important.
- Nurturing personal relationships should be a priority.
As my family and I worked together this week to help our neighbors who are also struggling , it was definitely a stress relief for personal drought!