Whey is one of the two complete high quality proteins in cow's milk that is seperated out from the casein protein during cheese making. It is used in a variety of products such as infant formulas,food supplements,sport bars, and beverages to meet the health goals for people of all ages. According to the National Dairy Council, whey protein:
- Contains all of the essential amino acids ("building blocks") for your body needs.
- Is one of the best sources of amino acids to help increase muscle protein.
- Helps increase protein synthesis,which can help the body funciton properly.
Whey protein can be consumed in an energy or meal bar, a drinking beverage with whey protein or dropping a scoop of whey powder into your milk,yogurt,cereal, or smoothies. Whey powder can boost protein intake without adding excess calories to everyday foods and can also be:
- Stirred into hot foods (not boiling) immediately after cooking
- Used as an ingredient in baked goods
- Added to ground meats before cooking
- Included in savory or sweet dips
- Stirred into hot cereal or creamy soups and sauces
- Added to peanut or other nut butters