If you're making hard decisions about the best nutrition for your food dollar, consider milk a nutritional deal because:
- Dairy products are an economical staple with great taste and nutrition.
- Milk offers more nutrients per penny than almost any other beverage option in the supermarket.
- Milk is one of the most nutrient -rich foods on your grocery list.
- At about 25 cents per 8 ounce glass, on a gallon basis, milk is a bargain.
- Milk supplies nine essential nutrients that you and your family need, including calcium, vitamin D, protein, vitamin A and potassium.
Milk is a nutritional deal!
Bessie Fact: Dairy foods provide 70 percent of the calcium in the nation's food supply;
milk is the top source of potassium,phosphorus, and vitamin D in the U.S. diet.